Poor spectator behaviour is not acceptable.
Poor spectator behaviour will not be tolerated.
Poor spectator behaviour will result in consequences.
Poor spectator behaviour is a good way of ruining the enjoyment of the game for the children.
Support the children with positive behaviour.
The Wyndham Netball Association is committed to providing a safe environment for participation. Aggressive, threatening or other inappropriate behaviour by members, their families, their friends, and other sporting personnel while attending a game or event will not be tolerated.
Everyone entering the stadium is required to act in a manner that supports the conditions of entry for the stadium and the Code of Behaviour for Spectators from Netball Victoria, as follows:
1. Fully comply with the Child Safety in Netball Code of Conduct.
2. Most players (in particular children) participate in netball activities for fun. They are not participating for the entertainment of spectators only.
3. Applaud good performance and efforts by all players. When watching a game congratulate both teams upon their performance regardless of the game’s outcome.
4. Respect the umpires and coach’s decisions. If there is a disagreement, follow the appropriate procedure to question the decision and teach children to do likewise.
5. Never ridicule or scold a player for making a mistake during a competition. Positive comments are motivational.
6. Condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by administrators, coaches, players, umpires or parents/guardians.
7. Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour by not using foul language, and not harassing administrators, coaches, players or umpires.
8. Refrain from conduct which could be regarded as sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying or victimisation.
9. Encourage players to play according to the rules and official decisions, and develop your own knowledge of the rules.
10. Support the use of age appropriate development activities and modified rules.
· Help create a positive atmosphere for players, officials and other spectators by showing respect for players, officials and other spectators.
· Abide by our Code of Behaviour and refrain from using bad language, harassing or ridiculing others or behaving in a threatening or violent manner.
· If you are aware of inappropriate spectator behaviour and you feel confident to do so, speak with the person and ask them to stop. Seek assistance from the Competition Supervisor if necessary.
· Report any inappropriate spectator behaviour to the Association.
Parents or others found to have behaved inappropriately, may face disciplinary action including removal and suspension from the stadium
Wyndham Netball Association